WordPress to release update version 4.9.1
WordPress 4.9.1 is now available. This is a security and maintenance release for all versions since WordPress 3.7. We strongly encourage you to update your sites immediately.
WordPress versions 4.9 and earlier are affected by four security issues which could potentially be exploited as part of a multi-vector attack. As part of the core team’s ongoing commitment to security hardening, the following fixes have been implemented in 4.9.1:
- Use a properly generated hash for the
newbloguserkey instead of a determinate substring.
- Add escaping to the language attributes used on
- Ensure the attributes of enclosures are correctly escaped in RSS and Atom feeds.
Eleven other bugs were fixed in WordPress 4.9.1. Particularly of note were:
- Issues relating to the caching of theme template files.
- The inability to edit theme and plugin files on Windows based servers.